Monday, September 9, 2013

I don't see what's strange about this

Radio

The National - Don't swallow the cap

Likely the most up-tempo single we've ever heard from The National.


The Vaccines - Melody Calling

Conjecture: The Vaccines are forced to write more downtuned material due to singer's Justin Young's voice issues. Doesn't bother me if it's as good as this song.


Chvrches - Gun

The Scottish elektro-pop trio with yet another solid gold single.


Breach - Jack

Let's not kid ourselves here: I know for a fact you've sang along to this at least a couple of times.


Chris Malinchak - So Good To Me

I'd probably go for this if you'd ask me to pick 'the ultimate 2013 summer song'.


Delv!s - Tell me

Only realizing that a track is by a Belgian artist after hearing it about ten times, that's one of the biggest compliments you can get.


Deap Vally - Bad for my body

Watched a fun live streamed set by these gals from some summer festival.


Icona Pop - Girlfriend

Icona Pop borrowing a chorus that Jay-Z borrowed from Tupac. And who knows where he got the idea, right? I feel like this ultimate female BFF party anthem isn't getting enough love. In my world, this is a smash hit record.


Disclosure - You And Me Ft Eliza Doolittle

This Disclosure track has a distinct nineties garage feel.


Lorde - Tennis courts

The Lana Del Rey influence shines through on a thematical level and in the phrasing of the lyrics.


Other

Daughter - Youth/Landfill

Elena Tonra's acoustic efforts sport a distinct 'take no prisoners, shoot straight to the heart'-approach. Beautiful. "This is dangerous/I want you so much, but I hate your guts/I hate you".


Poliça - Chain my name/The maker

I've been into Poliça's atmospheric tunes lately. "The maker" is a stunning track of their "Give you the ghost"-album. And "Chain my name' is a definite winner from their upcoming new album. "So are we made/ Just to fight/ All of our lives"


Little Dragon - Shuffle a dream

Listening to Poliça reminded me of this Swedish outfit. This is a track off their "Ritual Union" album.


Alt-J - Breezeblocks

Already a modern classic with a music video that's worth watching.


The Smiths - This night has opened my eyes

"I'm not happy and I'm not sad". Yup, this must be the Mozzer! Check out this relaxed track from the "Hatful of hollow"-album.


Tegan And Sara - Closer

I saw the video where Taylor Swift invited Tegan and Sara on-stage to perform this track, and was left to ponder "Why hasn't this been a worldwide hit?"


Aluna George - You know you like it/Your drum, your love

Killer legs! There, I said it. The musical side of AlunaGeorge is also alluring. Good stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment