Monday, May 3, 2010

The rituals of life, they seem to lose their shape

I personally can't wait for a disco revival, so I am really happy about this track by The Swiss, who is Australian and not really from Switzerland, continuing the whole "I am from Barcelona" and "Architecture in Helsinki"-tradition. This superfunky track is urging you to get your glitter costume out of the wardrobe right about nowwwww.






This next track is such a hard "Just dance"-ripoff, it's not even funny anymore.
Jason Derulo also has the best (auto-tuned) sample in an R&B song recently, chances are it has been stuck in your head, check out the intro of this track here






We are scientists made a couple of line-up changes and are now back with a less indie, more pop-oriented single that makes me think of Crowded House A LOT (well, the voice anyway).






I still can't get over how much the first part of the "New kid in town" single by Humo's Rock Rally 2010-winners School is cool sounds like Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. Compare for yourself below.








And the eerie synth sound in the new Team William track sounds a lot like the one in an eighties track by Mike Oldfield.








In the next post, we are going to steer away from the whole "this song reminds me of that song"-concept (well, for once anyway), and I'm going to present you with my favourite tracks of the albums I've been checking out lately. Be on the lookout for some The Big Pink, Maxïmo Park, Emiliana Torrini, Baroness and more. But as a preview, the new Crystal Castles album was supposed to come out sometime in June, but has been leaked, so it has been digitally rush-released and the physical couterpart should see the insides of a record store near you by the end of May. I checked it out and it blew me away, this is one of the standout tracks and someone made a really nice video to accompany it. Enjoy!

crystal castles - not in love (unofficial) from Kerry Westcott on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment